T-SQL Fundamentals, by Itzik Ben-Gan
Original price: $398 | 358€
(TAX Excl. Only apply in Europe)
Do you want to write accurate, effective, and robust T-SQL code? If you want to learn T-SQL the right way, understanding the logic behind the language by learning not only the how but also the why, do not miss this course!
This is your chance to learn T-SQL using practical cases with Itzik Ben-Gan!
- Understand the logic behind T-SQL and thinking in terms of sets.
- Understand Logical Query Processing and its relevance to writing correct and robust T-SQL code.
- Write queries against a single table applying filtering, grouping and sorting of data.
- Write queries against multiple tables using joins, subqueries, APPLY and set-operators.
- If you are self-taught, or have familiarity with basic relational database concepts and SQL, but do not feel comfortable with T-SQL yet.
- If you want to learn about Itzik’s methodology, using his demo code samples.
- If you need a strong foundation in this field, and you want to learn on your own schedule, from wherever you want, whenever you want, watching the lessons as many times as you need.
What does this course cover?
T-SQL is Microsoft’s dialect of SQL. SQL (Structured Query Language) is a standardized computer language that was originally developed by IBM for querying, altering and defining relational databases, using declarative statements.
This on-demand course provides you with strong foundations, teaching you both about the many T-SQL elements that you need to use when writing queries, and also how to think in SQL, set-based terms. It helps you write accurate, effective, and robust code.
Many SQL intro/fundamentals classes only teach you about the language elements and how to use them, but not about their mathematical roots or why the language elements were designed the way they were designed. This course teaches you both. It emphasizes the unique elements of SQL and the mindset you need to adopt, like thinking in relational terms; thinking of a set as a whole, with no ordering; what the language guarantees and what it doesn’t; common pitfalls and bugs, and best practices to avoid them.
Following this T-SQL Fundamentals course, you will be ready to take our Advanced T-SQL course, if you want to go deeper in this path.
Module 1: Introduction and agenda.
Module 2: Single Table Queries.
- Elements of SELECT
- Predicates and Operators
- CASE Expressions
- All-At-Once Operations
- Working with Character Data
- Querying Metadata
Module 3: Joins.
- Cross Joins
- Inner Joins
- Further Join Examples
- Fundamentals of Outer Joins
- Beyond the Fundamentals of Outer Joins
Module 4: Subqueries.
- Self-Contained Subqueries
- Correlated Subqueries
- Beyond the Fundamentals of Subqueries
Module 5: Table Expressions.
- Derived Tables
- Common Table Expressions
- Views and Inline Table – Valued Functions
Module 6: Set Operators.
- Set Operators
- Precedence and Circumventing Unsupported Logical Phases
Module 7: Beyond the Fundamentals of Querying.
- Window Functions
- Pivoting Data
- Unpivoting Data
- Grouping Sets
Because of this, you can really think of it as a declarative programming language. Avoid the crutch of the GUI entirely and you will benefit from a great deal more functionality and the ability to manipulate the data in your system.
Would you like to write accurate, effective, and robust T-SQL code?
This course includes:
6 Demos + scripts
Certificate of completion